Christmas, a festival usually celebrated on the 25th of December every year. Christians, well some Christians believed that Jesus Christ was born on the 25th of December while some believed that in the past 25th of December was the day the Pagans celebrate their gods.
To be frank, no one knows the real birthday of Jesus. There was no date given in the holy bible Christmas was first celebrated on December 25th, 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine, whom was the first Christian Roman Emperor. Few years later, pope Julius 1 officially declared that the birth of Jesus Christ would be celebrated on the 25th of December.
But am not here to bore you about the history of Christmas. Christmas is one of the most awaited holidays of the year and a lot of people do make preparations almost a month before the deal day. But preparation can be a bit annoying when you have kids around.
But below are the few things you need to do before and during Christmas;
- You need to go on Christmas shopping to get the beautiful things you need by making a Christmas lists.
- This is optional, but you can write a letter to Santa to pay you a visit or better still, you can visit Santa at the mall or wave at him from afar wherever you see him. You can wear a Santa-hat and go ho-ho-ho.
- You should get a Christmas movie to watch or readout Christmas stories to your little kids (that is if you have at home).
- Play Christmas music
- Go carolling, ice-skating
- Take a family Christmas photo
- Give out gifts or better still donate to charity
- Send out Christmas cards
- Don’t forget to wish a stranger a happy holiday
- Check out Christmas light around town.
Above are my few lists of things you need to do before and during Christmas.
What are yours?