What Blogging is all about
Blogging, as the name implies; it is one of the most popular ways of communicating and spreading information or news. It serves as a way of expressing oneself and a fantastic way to share information to others.
Since we know what blogging is all about, you may be wondering about the meaning of a blog, well a blog is a discussion or an informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary style text entries or posts.
There are many ways you can be a blogger; you can start by creating your blog or you can join some blogging company and join their team of bloggers or become a freelance blogger.
Blogging makes you become a better person and a better writer, however, it takes time before it starts to make money for you, so don’t just jump into blogging thinking it is a money-making business. The initial period is full of hard work, dedication, time consuming and sometimes frustration. So, I will highly advise that you should not leave your day job before making money from your blog.
Many people are confused over what constitutes a blog and a website. Part of the problem is that many businesses use both, integrating them into a single web presence.
But there are two features of a blog that set it apart from a website.
- Blogs are updated frequently but websites might occasionally have new information, but for the most part, the offer static, rarely changing information
- Blogs allow readers engagement whereby readers can comment and have a discussion with the blogger and others who read the blog
Below are my pros and cons of blogging, you can easily connect yourself to these points.
Advantages of blogging
- Become your own boss
If you are blogging you don’t need to work from 9 to 6 hours. You can work at anytime of the day and work with ease. You are free to do anything. You can plan your work and easily work on it.
- Blogging makes you become a better person and a better writer
- Blogging provides an easy way to keep your customers and clients up to date
- It allows you to build trust and rapport with your prospects.
- It can serve as a means of revenue
- Blogging is flexible and portable
- It increases new business
- It helps to gain influence
Disadvantages of blogging
- It requires a great deal of time
- You may feel alone: well this is common among the full-time bloggers. They miss their earlier colleagues. They even miss those people who create problems during work. You have to work alone until you struggle hard and find a new opportunity to expand your work so that you can hire other people.
- You need ideas to write about: to keep your blog updated, you need to have ideas what to write about. The good news is that you don’t need to write it all, you can hire a guest writer or a freelance writer
- The payoff isn’t immediate: one of the biggest frustrations about blogging is that it is time consuming and the payoff isn’t immediate at the beginning. It takes time to build a readership and momentum